Medical Dermatology encompasses a wide range of conditions affecting the skin, hair and nails.
The dermatologists and nurses at Sky Blue Dermatology are passionate about skin diseases and about helping patients with skin problems.
The way we manage cutaneous disorders has evolved with time and advances in medical research. We still use many of the long-standing approaches, but combine these with newer ones developed as a direct result of science allowing us a clearer understanding of the nature of cutaneous disease processes. These discoveries have led to the development of new therapies that have transformed the lives of patient with common skin conditions. For example, medications referred to as “biologics” are now available for patients with severe psoriasis and eczema.
Skin Checks and Digital Skin Surveillance
Regular skin checks for people at risk of skin cancer, are important to diagnose melanoma and other skin cancers at an early stage when management is often easier and most effective. We offer full body screening utilising AI and high-resolution digital cameras, for monitoring of moles and other skin lesions, and early diagnosis of skin cancers. Images are stored securely and are reviewed by a specialist dermatologist, who will provide a report noting suspicious lesions, with recommendations for treatment and longer term followup.
Medical Dermatology News
- Say Goodbye to Long Wait Times: Dermscreen at Sky Blue Dermatology Offers Revolutionary Skin Health Solutions
- Rejuvenate and Refresh: Discover the Benefits of UltraClear Laser for Skin Revitalization.
- The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting, Chicago, November 2023
- The American Society for Dermatologic Surgery Annual Meeting.
- The Potenza Technology to Improve Blemishes and Early Signs of Aging